Social Icons

Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

new custom

my company had a social gathering yesterday to embrace the upcoming busy-like-hell period. initially, my thought was to go and meet some friends, eat and have a bit of chit chat before calling the day. then i decided to car pool with another colleague for the convenience of not having to turn 20 minutes just to look for the place. bad idea.

i would say the place was pretty packed. everyone was talking and i was taken aback by the noise and music. the night turned out to be okay with me drinking 3 pines of beer. i had a thought while driving back. if you were to ask me whether i would order beer for drink a year ago, i would say "no". it turns out that when i started joining the workforce, i have increasingly drunk it. it tastes okay. luckily, my alcohol tolerance is still manageable.

this new custom has made me question myself. did i lose myself by subjecting to peer pressure to drink?

i would think maybe but part of me still wants to believe that i am just a social drinker. nothing wrong. at least i drove home safe and sound. initially, the colleague i car-pooled with said he wanted to go back around 9-10pm. with the free flow of beer going, we ended up going home at 2am. great. i have a social life now.


1 comment:

  1. LOL, i learnt this in my uni life, when I was in year 1, i said "No" and drank a sip, when I was in year 2, i still say "No", but when I am in my year 3, my Prof said, lets have a drink, well you need to drink to accompany others, sometimes, rejecting others do not really benefit you. What you need to hold strongly to yourself is "I will drink just for socialization purposes but not to the state that I will drink till I drunk"

    ReplyDelete

rulez for me

Blog Archive