Social Icons

Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

i guess we are not that different afterall

i had done a little different for my 2014's birthday. initially, i thought i just don't want to receive messages from people who wish it out of obligations since "everyone is doing it."

my goal is very simple: i just hope you wish me because you remember. you don't have to remember it, seriously but if you did, thank you.

fortunately, i have at least a person who remembered. thank you. it means one thing to me: i made a friend who is caring enough to remember. personally, i have a list of friends who i remember their birthday by hearts. some might be just months, others are up to the date.

then during this hanoi trip, i happen to remember a friend, who is travelling with me, has birthday in july roughly mid of july. when i asked, he did mention ya. which is on the last day of the hanoi trip.

i quickly plan something up: bought a hand-made carved card, bought a birthday cake and created a plan to surprise. it was done in a haste mode considering he is always travelling with us all the time. we were playing poker cards in our room for a bit. the birthday was supposed to be tomorrow. initally, i wanted to celebrate at 12am but he told us he wanted to sleep earlier before that as our flight is 840am check-in time. the golden opportunity stroke when he went into the toilet for a pee (it was meant to be a surprise celebration).

we rushed to get the cake, lit a candle and switched off the light. when he came out, it was dark until we started to sing birthday song. i hope he had fun and a happy surprise. little did i know that this friend of mine has removed this birth date notification similar to what i did this year, which he did few years back.

i hope by doing something for him, it makes him a little happier. i understand some people are a little shy or embarrassed about their birthdays. what matters is you have a good time and do know that someone remembers. hope that your birthday wish comes true.

happy 25th birthday!
Happy Birthday again, Ivan (friend since first day of year 1 in SK Tengkera 2).

1 comment:

  1. i never put my birthday on facebook. Like what u said, people just wish you for the sake of doing it. Their wishes contained zero sincerity and I hated it at all.
    I did write a post about my birthday and I did the same thing as you did.
    I never bother if anyone wishes me or not because it is not something that really matters to me. What matters the most is who you spend the day with and what you did for that day itself.

    ReplyDelete

rulez for me

Blog Archive