Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Home-cooking lesson 1: "Ham Cha"

My cooking lesson starts today. My mum is nagging actually since I told her when I was in Sydney that I intended to learn when I come back Melaka. So, I choose to cook one of my favourite dishes which is Ham Cha. Let me brief you through the history of "Ham Cha". This is dish is originated from Teochew clan of the Chinese descendants. I learnt about this dish when my maternal grandma cooked this when I was young. I felt in love instantly. This dish is of many types of vegetables. My mum said you can put any vegetables that you like in it. Initially, I dislike vege but I love this dish. I always specially request my grandma to cook this dish. Hoho.... Also, it is best complimented with peanuts.

To sum it short, it is a rather simple dish. I cannot imagine such a delicious dish is so simple to make. Photos here include the 5 types of vegetables, the final process of the rice and my mum: Madam Chan.


The dishes before they are mixed together


The complete dish: Ham Cha


Madam Chan

Photos courtesy from blogger on a day he is full of passion for cooking!

2 comments:

  1. ho ho ho...!
    chee seng! this is June!
    hey..yr ham cha looks nice leh!! can be my cooking lesson also le!
    write more post of this kind so that i can learn how to cook also la..hehehehehe!

    i should really learn how to cook le=)
    hehehheeee=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yalor...memang should learn how to cook. sure will write more but very malas lar....

    ReplyDelete

rulez for me

Blog Archive