Social Icons

Pages

Monday 28 June 2010

   I feel holidays comes when I can just sit in front of my lappie and watch drama for the entire day. Thats how I define holidays. Watch dramas for the entire day without a care or worry for anything. Awesome. I have just finished watching "Mysteries of Love" by Raymond Lam and Yong yi. A very scientific yet romantic drama. This is not the first Hong Kong drama that implements the concept of Physics in detective cases. Oh well, since I can relate to what I learn during upper secondary Physics, I find it very interesting. Additionally, the romance element  compliments the drama very well. Thumbs up. A five star rating... Must watch. It is known as 談情說案 Personally I give a 5 star rating. Phewittt.... 


   My holidays starts with a great start. I organised a steamboat gathering with my friends the day after my examinations. I had a great time: eating, playing and laughing. However, now I am clueless of what to do other than watching anime and drama. In about a week's time, I will be having a vacation in New Zealand... Weeeee.. A vacation in New Zealand is not cheap! But I find it worthwhile, once in a life time opportunity. My friends are planning to ski and bungee jump. But I am opting out of the latter activity due to personal reason. 


   Friends from New Zealand are coming to visit us. So, there is another upcoming gathering on the 30th June. Then, another friend invited me to go Blue Mountain on the 4th. I think I am having a better winter break in comparison to last year. Though last year I went to Melbourne and Canberra, I think this winter break is going to more fun, merrier and exciting! 


   The tendency to do a self reflection after every semester is very enticing. I think this is the only way I can know how much I have improved so far. If not, I will just stuck in the same place. 


   For this semester, I think I am more vocal in expressing my opinions in front of my group mates during assignment. I think I did exceptionally well for People and Organisations team assignment. I had an overall Distinction. Hopefully my final examinations will push me further to achieve a High Distinction. My group for this subject is in such combination which is unique on its own. It is a five member team comprising an American, a Norwegian and two local Australians. I looked forward towards this team because this is my first time ever that I am the sole Asian. They are very creative, expressive and hardworking individuals plus funny. Haha... I had a great time. Thanx Michael, Ingvill, Susannah and Faye. Great to know you guys.


   Next, I also have another interesting team members for Management Accounting A subject. They are two  kind and helpful girls. One is from China, Ella and Hong Kong, Joanne. You know why I found our team unique? The reason is all of us love "One Piece" anime. I did not know about their preferences about this anime until the very last discussion for our assignment. I was like ..... OMG. Such coincidence. Haha... One loves One Piece like her life and soul. See, guys. The hobby of watching anime does bring people closer. 


   Other than that, Information System group is pretty normal because I know two out of the 4 members. Fortunately, we perform quite well. I think we have a good combination of people who love modelling and explanation. I happen to always team up with a Vietnamese guy, Anh. His name sounded like Anne but with a H sound behind instead of E. I find him very funny. He always smile all the time. I kept disturbing him about his lengthy hair which looks like a Japanese and Korean chap. During the holidays, I kept bumping into him.


    The shocking news I had from him is that he is actually a part-time accountant while studying, I was like "Wow". You didn't tell me before. No wonder, he is always running around. Now I know why. But he is very gan cheong during team assessment. He is very well versed in the subject but he wants me to jot down because my handwriting is neater and I have better command in English. Yet, during one team assessment, he got frustrated because my perfection for super clean modelling puts him at an edge. Haha, I love to kacau him all the time. I told you what," I draw modelling very slow one" My friend agreed he is quite gan cheong during assessment. Nice to know him because I like people who smile and laugh a lot. Cheers you up even in the most desperate and intense situation. 


   Overall, I have a great semester! I think this is the best semester I ever get. Another reason is attributed to my lackadaisical attitude in finishing an assignment. I stay up until 3am to finish a Finance assignment. I learned that I need to start assignments earlier. Though I love the last minute adrenaline rush, still next semester is going to more challenging as expected. I am going to strive for excellence. Even my results are just average, I am happy with my average results because every individual has his expertise. I know where my expertise lies. Academically, I score above average students result but I know I can be better in terms of time management and taking things more seriously. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive