Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 9 January 2011

a good day.....

today has been a peaceful day. though I have off days during saturdays and sundays for this office job, i still have to run errands around. not to say i did it them unwillingly, i prefer to have my own sweet time, doing stuff which i like such as watching televsion, catching up with my mental reflection of my past doings and reading magazines and newspapers for as long as i like. today is just the day i would describe as great. at the moment, i can hear the birds chirping musically to each other. another moment which i find cannot be bought even with the dollars.

this must be new.not too long ago, i love to be in the crowd.as much as i love to talk, i only talk to close ones. at the present state of things, i only want to talk to people whenever i feel like it. so much for being an asian who is people oriented. now, the thought of facing people did scare me off. part of reason i feel is because i think people can be deceiving. although they might look nice and pleasant, please be mindful. this thought came to my mind when i suddenly realised my manager who looks pleasant requested me and another senior colleague to do some work after the office hours. inside my heart, i was wondering, "don't you think it is kind of inappropriate to request your juniors to do work on friday evening!" just because you are doing overtime doesn't mean others have to bear it with you as well. one more thing, me (the trainee) cannot claim OT. how is that, you inconsiderate  selfish aunty! fine, since i practised buddhism, i learned to be more patience and forgiving, i shall, with my open heart, forgive you.

people in my office say i am very direct. haha...inside my heart i was laughing as i know this comment is pretty common for me. direct is better than fake, in my humble opinion. die...there they go. my senior colleagues telling me, "this must be the so called gen Y...bla,bla,bla...." I was like...fine. they hinted i should have more respect for the elders. don't you think respect is earned? not given based on your age and position in life? if everyone starts believing that respect comes with age and position, then this world might not be the world i would like to face in the future. doing this job must be making to become a ranting, grumbling old man.fear not because today i read an article from rdasia that if you learn to appreciate the little awesome things in your daily life, you will feel better each other. to usher the 2011, i shall have write more grateful things i enjoy during my everyday life. i cannot promise i will stop complaining. one thing for sure, i will start appreciating more.

blogger on the day he feels the setting feels perfect. if only time stops.

Resolution 1 action: I am happy that today I get to drink a cup of mocha from coffee beans, complimentary from my sister while cherishing my rdasia magazine =).

(Adapted from The Star, 6/11/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive