Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

cny

as time passes, cny, to me is just another event where everyone gets together to eat,laugh and play.
this year, i learn to appreciate the meaning of duan yuen fan. i didn't occur to me to think that the meaning of the dinner that everyone eats a day before the first day of chinese new year. in my view, it always has been a normal dinner until i really notice. kinda blur for me to notice that but still once i do, i think it is really meaningful. there is this movie "homecoming" which best sums my whole definition of duan yuen fan.

the daughter in law asks: why must we eat duan yuen fan at the dinner table a day before chinese new year? what is so different of it compared to any ordinary dinner when family gathers?

the mother in law replies: eating together during duan yuen fan has different meaning.

and i don't beg to differ. it really has its own meaning if you really give it a thought. when it comes to cny, i cannot distance myself away from the mahjong and poker cards as my life has a perfect mathematical theory for cny: gambling is a subset of cny. it is not everything but it must exist together (^^,) however, i really have a tough luck this year. yesterday lost to my friends to poker..cis...how could this be happening!!! me is the god of gambler leh. luckily today i win in mahjong. it is really a coincidence that i won back the same amount of money that i lost to my friends. hence, the net gain for this year in gambling is zero. well, at least all is not loss since being in the middle gives me a wonderful feeling of equilibrium.

back to my job as a trainee. i begin to like my job more, probably because i find myself laughing myself non stop during lunch today with my colleagues. i do feel a sense of belonging. i normally dun pretend to laugh.... so only good things come when i laugh. it has been a very good journey and never regret a minute of it. kinda fun. if you want me to choose again, this is THE path i am willing to take twice in my life.

blogger in the state of happiness.... new year for 2011 treats me good. thank you. for that, i will always remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive