Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 17 April 2011

Teach for Malaysia


Do you ever want to be the force of change? I have been wondering for about few days. Maybe I should give a try to this pioneering programme. The representatives will be giving talk in University of Sydney. They are looking for the best 50 final year university students all around the world to be involved with it. In basics, they will put you in 2 years to teach in needy schools in Malaysia. Throughout this period, you will have a mentor and development officer who will monitor your progress and development. Of course, you will be paid on monthly basis by the education department. From what I heard 2.5k for first year and 3k second year.


For more information: please visit http://www.teachformalaysia.org/
The info session will run from 3-5pm 18th April (holme common room) and 530-730pm at same venue.

The future prospect sounds very promising as well because you will be helped by their alumni members for networking purpose. It has been a success where they have Teach for America. It has been run in 90 countries, Malaysia being the first in Southeast Asia. Do I sound very excited? Hell yeah. I think if I got this, the 2 years will be spent. It sounds so right because my previous post is lamenting about the education system in Malaysia. Take note: they are not looking for teachers but for future leaders championing the cause for education. So what are you waiting? Give it a try, who knows what future leads for you? Only best 50 from around the world will be selected.

I was sceptical at first. Maybe I should give a try. Okay, i need to ciao and continue my finance revision for exams tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive