Social Icons

Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

in times to come

since i could ever remember, i dreamed of big things. i want a big house, a big car, a grand career and definitely the travel-around-the-world holiday when i gets older.

those dreams are so different from what i have in mind now. i just need a home, a car to get me places and an occasional holiday to open up my world. not that i don't have the drive anymore. i just believe now i need to have a minimalist life, yet minimal enough for me to have my occasional pleasure.

everyone is striving for the previous dreams i had. then a thought strike through me. will i be the same person, chasing the same things all my life. happy or just want to have the same thing everyone has? hmmm....

actually i am more of a cultural person. i appreciate cultural values more than any others. i might prefer reading to travelling, holy shit. everyone will be throwing stones at me for travelling so much. but i just want to have a look of how others live their lives. the scenery not really fascinates me. but the experience of meeting others and listening to their stories excite me more than anything else.

hence, i dream of a life that really satisfies me. no longer the big-shot looking individual.

a happy job, a decent hobby and the oh-so-not glamour life that i used to want. never mind i have smaller car, house and vacation than you but i will be happier leading the bigger life than yours. setting standard against everyone else is sure a tiring task. that's what i learn from working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive