Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 13 November 2011

humanitarian

in life, i think i learn this word from 2 friends. friends who think about others' need above themselves. to be able to talk to them gives me a sense of hope that this world is not so bad after all.

when i talk to them, i feel like they are actually championing the social cause which i myself cannot even grasp. at one point in my life, i have thought of embracing humanitarianism as well, but the thought of me doing the act itself dies off when i was around 13. suddenly, i felt the world is too complex. suddenly, i understood what it means you always don't get what you want. that's the point in my life which i gave up opting medicine as my choice of career. the point which tells me the S word with two vertical lines rule the world. in a world where in order to adopt humanitarianism requires that symbol puts me off.

it is true. tell me, how can you help orphan? tell me, how does aids people can be helped? tell me how poverty can be solved? yes, the symbol is the necessary evil to solve such matters. but with my view at such an infant age, having two friends at different points of my life gives me breath of fresh air that though i may not be bill gates that pledges billions of dollars after death nor am i the superman that saves the world, in my daily life, i can still help people whenever i am put in a position to do so.

this should be my resolution for this movember month. with own effort, i might not change the world. with my act and words, hopefully everyone begins to act and spread, and the world can become a better place. sometimes, i feel i am destined to something but i am not sure what it is. maybe i am destined to be a humanitarian. time is not issue. the issue is to obtain the obscene symbol. with that, my humanitarian mission will be accomplished more easily.

my friend told me money will not satisfy him. even if he has a lot, he will not be really happy with it. true, to me, having lots of money also doesn't satisfy me either. one thing it does, it eliminates my sense of insecurity. as i have grown without it, i know how bad it is to have none. money buys me security, not comfort nor pleasure. you can never imagine how being lack of it brings you discrimination, tears and concern. yes, that's how my view is being developed.

hopefully, i can be an inspiration to others and tell them that if i can do it, so can you. cherish life and live it. if you already feel life is at the bottom. look up, it can't get any worse, will it? i think this is the most powerful sentences one can say to cheer up a friend. how do i know? because i think this is what i believe in. if only someone were there to tell me back then, i guess it would be easier. but learning it myself is not that bad either, at least i can tell it next time from experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive