Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2011

romanticism of the past

if i were to be granted a wish for a day. i would like to be back to the past. everything i like to do has to do activities that are deemed appropriate to the past. for one, i like reading newspapers with a cup of kopitiam coffee. wait, i mean i need to hold the papers on my hand and read until there are black stains on my fingers. i find it very fulfilling. *air of satisfaction.

Crystal ball, crystal ball, bring me to the past

whats more exciting to me is the thought of listening to the radio. who listens to the radio nowadays. me! haha... i think teenagers nowadays are so engrossed in shuffling their music on their ipod or mp3 or whatever gadget you have =.= and there are the only things i know. to be honest, i think i have the old spirit but a young body. i am attracted to things with historical value. i still recall my late grandma has a super old radio. and in my humble opinion, the radio holds more aesthetic value than a i phone 4 to me. truth to be told, the angry birds did pump my adrenaline rushing but at the end, the satisfaction is not so much to the music i listen through the squarish bulky musical box. so much for the gen y who likes everything instant, i like everything slow.

his grandma's radio looks something like this


telling that will entitled me the ah pek title. but still, i like the past more. even the music that plays through my ears are artists of 1980's. i think i am born 20 years late. i would be a very glad if one time in the future i can feel how the culture was back then. reading papers, drinking coffee at old kopitiam while the old radio plays the classical music of the trendy artists at that time. you heard of sammi cheng, theresa teng, abba and jambalaya? guess not, ohhh my classical favourite would be beyond. can i got to the past that was having their concert at that time. their generation is what i defined the birth of music. the music now is like crap to me. huh? love songs again? who is he/she again? why the artist is just well known for 1, 2 years? can you give me a reason? because people now listen with their eyes. they want to look at good looking people. their ears are blocked by the dance and the physical features. shallow. those who stand through the test of time are those who are veteran singers. you don't have to agree but i think you will not disagree with what i say. =)

i always feel bad if i din give a response when my friends tell me about how good this phone is, sophisticated that laptop is or how nice the place they visited. actually those things don't excite me a bit. just for response sake, i will say "ohhh.".  to me, embracing the culture of the place itself is more romantic then taking photos with the scenery as the background. yah, i dun fit in well. yet, people always tell me "khor chee seng, ni zhen de shi ke ai daooooooo.." not physically mind you, behavioural wise.

blogger wishing a time machine will just suck him up back to 20 years ago. ohhh mind you, the blogger writes greeting paper cards to his friends and send them by post. how retro, how romantic, how ironic it is now to do that. well, by clinching to the slightest element of the past gives him pleasure.

retro me. 

2 comments:

  1. thats' not me who comment leh. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. so i am right then. next time please write cyah. haha. that will be better.

    ReplyDelete

rulez for me

Blog Archive