Social Icons

Pages

Monday 5 July 2010

Changes

Changes occur time after time. They can be good and bad depending on the circumstances and areas they affect. I should say I did change a lot particularly this semester.

After keeping silent for awhile, I think it must be time to talk part of it. The reason I kept quiet is because this is the change that others will deem bad for me yet I think this is the most practical resolution I should continue to take for my own needs. Yup, this time around it is my own need that this change helps in. I feel that I am not the "was me" anymore.

I have been talking to a dear friend of mine about this recent change of mine and to my friend, my perspective has changed from being a complete pure to a more realistic approach. I did not realise this is the change that I took but somehow it does seem resemble that way from other's point of view.

One, it relates to friendship. First question, why do friends exist? To make us smile, to accompany us when we are lonely or just people who will cheer us when we need the most. Hmmm, partially right.

I do find my friends do serve all the functions above. The use of word "function" sounds mechanical and yet, it is deemed suitable in this occasion technically.

I told my friend that, " A person who stands with you through the test of time and tribulations is someone you call a friend." When a problem crops up, you can see the real friend you have and I agree completely. I don't mean I have bad experience, just that some true colours are shown. And finally I opened up my eyes... Ohhh, that's how they really were and always have. Just that my pure perspective has changed. Now, being realistic is all I am. 

Since being pure makes me sadder, confused and disappointed, taking a realistic approach does not seem that bad. At least, I am beginning to accept the fact someone you think you know might not be the person he/she is yet when you try not to understand them, you feel relieve with the fact that you are at least not close to that person at all.

Fortunately, I am still quite an optimistic person, just not as optimistic as before. I will take my responsible with a promise that, "I might not be a friend who can always stand with you through the test of time, but I am willing and will always stand with you through the tribulations." Hope that answer my own question at least. To re-emphasize again, if you felt hurt, maybe the person I mention is not about you but do not be so sure that the person is not you at all. 

Blogger during the time he should be sleeping because tomorrow he is going for a skiing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive