Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 3 March 2011

welcoming event

a day filled with so many activities that i don't have time to catch my breath. i went to look for shop that is willing to upgrade my phone as well as current mobile plan which is so hard, luckily me and my friend asked around. and to my humour, at one point, if i had just take a look at my right, i would have saved myself and my friend half an hour of searching time. what a joke. lesson no. 1: sometimes you really have to look left and right before you take the next time. well, lesson learnt.

suams had organised a welcoming event for the new members. i am in charged of food preparation. i had to deep fry the samosa. and to my embarrassment, another friend's friend had to teach me how to deep fry that samosa because i never really cook it before. well, thanx to whoever he is. seems like his name is jason i think, a singaporean. plus, he was actually rushing to his own dinner event but he took the time to show my how to cook the samosa. okay, next time i am going to be as independent as possible.

during this event, i actually noticed quite a few things. some people get stressed out, while some are too happy go lucky and some are simply irresponsible. if you really want my honest opinion, i think everyone will be quite unhappy. so, i just keep quiet and do my things because a word less talked is one more work gets done. in the end, everyone ends up lining up waiting for the food. hope you all dun "lao sai" after eating the food okay? i actually insisted the food to be cooked longer but someone said otherwise. okay lor, you are the boss. in the middle of it, i manage to interrupt for fear that someone's stomach cannot handle 90% cooked food. hmmm.... but i felt fine till now. so i guess the rest of them should be fine too. i think the event is too rushed and not planned well enough because underestimation of time is a big factor in event planning. i thought i did not as well i think i did for diwali but this time, it is worse. sure will get a lot of advice in the next meeting. habis lar aku.

blogger feels that if you have done your part, can you skip the meeting so as to claim yourself as error-free? maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive