Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

the brothers of sila, samadhi, panna

once attended a camp, the participants will call each other brother and sister. i think it is a very valuable and memorable event. one, it brings everyone feeling closer to each other. afterall, everyone is human and there must be a linkage that bonds us together. it might be our individual pursuits with worldly pleasure that this linkage has been weakened.

recently, while rummaging through my old books, both academic and non academic, i came across a small religious book that i brought along with me in my adventure to Down Under. i remember it is a minor reminder that whatever i do, i must stay true to myself, spiritually and morally. i think i am still pretty much my old self, just a little wiser i hope since i encounter quite a bit of experience here. i begin to see things from perspective that i never thought i would.

hence, i will begin practising my sila, samadhi and panna. one comes after another yet, they will come together through practice and cultivation. wish me luck. at least, by realising things that matter, i have taken a baby step in knowing me. and admitting my weakness is a step. i think selfishness is one of them. there you go.

blogger feels relief....

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive