Social Icons

Pages

Friday 5 June 2009

A little happiness that goes a long way

A jolt suddenly ran through me today. Haha... If you know what that means, I think you should know it means a good feeling you have inside you. I can't of remember I used to get it last time when I listen to good music. It is a very simple easy task to get this good feeling but having a jolt is something extra I guess. For me, everything has to be random. As one has already anticipate the good feeling, the intensity of pleasure is kind of lost in the process. The way to be random for me is to listen to the radio. Yup, I love to listen to the radio. Call it old fashioned, "lao du" or "kuno". I still prefer the way songs are played randomly by the radio. One of the major aspect I will think about before buying a handphone would be: Will it have a radio function? Funny right? Other people are so caring about bluetooth,camera,space and other features. To me,a phone is a phone. As long it satisfies my usage of calling and smsing,it is a complete phone.
I guess I am not really the generation Y that the TV show is casting in "Talking about your generation". The characteristics of generation Y would be completely capable of multitasking, yearning for immediate satisfaction and simply plain blatant to any old rules and principles that don't seem fit to them. I,on the opposite is completely hopeless in multitasking. I end up being confused. I guess I am just not really keen to be in generation Y anyway. Well,since age already make up the generation you are in,then you are stuck forever. In addition to that, I think some people also think this generation is very high tech. Okay, this is another big no no for me. Computers sometimes send creeps to my body. I feel inferior when I face in front of the computer although I can do the general tasks like blogging, checking mails and doing assignments. Other than that, please do not ask me more than that. Apparently, other than these few things, the others are not located within my area of knowledge and interest. I guess giving me a million years still won't convince me to learn computer thingy. It just too much of a hassle and does put off my ability in some way.
For instance, I do not like how computer is replacing the writing in general. I hate it because I love my handwriting. People say computer handwritng gives everyone the fair share when it comes to grading their results. I differ this opinion totally. Handwriting actually shows the characters of a person. I find that my talent is wasted. I dislike my work being shown in computerised style. It gives me the impression that the work is not done by me.
Another possible reason is organisation. When it comes to assignment, I am very meticulous. I used to make sure my work is done all in order. A single crooked line will result me in crushing the paper and did another new one. That is the zero tolerance for me to hand in sloppy work. Since computer has substituted everything, only people who master the technique of drafting things will be advantageous. I am,on the other hand, seems to be finding the necessary button to click. What is this? I know how to do assignment and just don't know how to draw it in excel. Haihh... I am losing not to myself but to the damn technology. I am constantly very embarrassed to ask my friend when executing a very simple application. Like, how you find a button for a particular function?
And also, I want to share a very simple pleasure I had a few weeks ago. A review of my law test did send me with a surprise. Although I just pass the test, I realised I have an additional comment attached to my paper. It writes " Beautiful handwriting". Well, well, my handwriting has been given the much needed attention afterall. It may seem a bit trivial at that time, but I feel very happy. It is called the little happiness that you accumulate all the way in the journey so called life. If such thing doesn't make you happy, what will then? Unless you are talking about good music and it will naturally mean somethingelse.
Blogger in a mood to have a musical day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive