Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 14 June 2009

I am so ..........blank

I feel really blank right now. Actually I feel worse than blank, I feel useless. Part of it can be attributed to my lack of focus. I plan to study whole week as the name suggests, it supposed to be study week for this whole week. Apparently, my time was used nicely with minority time studying and majority time watching movies and dramas. I don't know what was I thinking. I blame it on addiction. Haha.. As addiction is something you cannot control, I can't help but to succumb myself to all the entertainment and excitement it provides.
I am pretty sure part to be blame is the weather here. Too cold, makes me too comfy for my own good. And a little bit part can be blamed on my friends who are constantly moaning about how lazy they are. So, I am simply influenced. So much so for self discipline. In the dire need to refocus.
With my latest interest in time magazine, I begin to see things differently. I realise how much this world has to offer. Perspectives,views and food for thoughts. I love reading magazine because I know I love to read them for the sake of reading,not examined. Well, I have read an article about a guy from america who has cultivated the business by giving back to the environment. He uses a pond to rear fish and brilliantly enough to use the sea water,I presume, to rear fish. Instead of using the conventional way to keep away the birds from the fish, this man actually let the birds feed on his fruits of labour. Sounds great huh? He did mention that 10% of his fish is eaten every year. However, he said as humans, we have the duty to preserve the ecosystem. I feel inspired at that moment. The recent news of those stupid humans doing stupid things really irritates me. Some guys are just borned to irritate people and some are just simply amazing. And this guy has definitely made me see a little,bright light at the end of the tunnel.
Also, I really would like to comment about the policy of making English subject as a compulsory subject to pass in order to obtain SPM certificate. To me,it serves no difference. With the current English level that is so low. If you do not pass it, I think it is a shame. Either you must be fooling around or make no effort at all to study the subject. English is fun. I begin to enjoy the language quite at an old age which is about 14 years old. That is the turning point of my life. I began to cultivate the love for books. Unfortunately, I am doing the right thing for the wrong reason. At first, I realise how poor my vocabulary is and how low my marks in the test. Things that I want to express in Bahasa and Mandarin cannot be well explained in English. I was thinking, "This is it. I am going to change" I start very small. Imagine the first time I took a book in the library, it is meant for those who are in primary school. I still remembered vividly how many pages is that book:45 and the font is like 15 to 20 in Times News Roman. Luckily, I enjoy it. It is about some detective case where children solve the mystery in a synopsis way. From there, I venture into Enid Blyton, which I thought is Grid Blyton in the first time. I was so embarrassed for my friend to correct me. And she did ask, "Don't you read that before? It is a bedtime storybook" I was thinking, "Oh my god,it sure is." Then, I began to love Chicken Soups for the Souls. Inspired stories make my heart feels warm. Haha... I can swear that I almost read finish all the series in the school library.
My sister did play a significant role too. My first ever thick storybook which I read is more than 500 pages would be "The Kitchen God's Wife", written by Amy Tan. At that time, I was really making progress. Reading has become a habit. Though my reading pace is really really slow as I can't fathom most of the words in there, I still read it for fun. The more time you read, the more the words make sense to you. Ah ha!!!! From then on, I never stop reading. This is how people should learn to enjoy English. Not the Malaysian way of memorising. It spoils the fun. Words should come out spontaneously. At least, try the newspapers. It is a big source of information. But the tip is, just read whichever section that attracts you. Then, you will never feel bored about it. Well,well. Some people say old books are just like your old best friends. Make you enjoy the moment and learn new things at the same time. And I have never regretted since.
Also, I would like to highlight that Malaysia education system is not that bad,but please do not lower the standard until so low. What is the point? If you really want to generate a knowledge-based society, do something about it. I luv my country but the people administrating it are not making me proud. Please please.... I am asking favour for the greatness of all. Whatever the reason might be, just make it happen. After all, it will sound really ironic to use the phrase of "Malaysia Boleh!". Do you mind if I switch it to "Yes, Malaysia Can!" That would be the joke of the day. Hahaha.....
Blogger on a very cynical and patriotic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive