Social Icons

Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

sien dao bao

i have definitely read these words from some of my friends' posts before. i am not a person who uses such words because i am in the belief that time is short. today, i really feel that way. i was checking through my drama websites, manga updates, anime updates, blog updates and even newspapers updates. can you sense my desperation? i check these everyday but to top it with a saturday, everything just feel too little. my constant seek for instant gratification has put into a new generation that constantly needs to be satisfied. oh shit. thats definitely not the way to lead my life. i think i need a new goal. with a new goal, comes new priority and tasks.

i am very active in society. i am 80% confident that paintball is the next thing on my schedule. kinda excited because i get to try a different sports for once. i never get sick of sports although i am playing badminton every friday. i find that exercising is like my oxygen in life. without it, i will die. paintball, here i come!


is it me or does the time tick faster these days? my mum just told me it is the 7th month in the chinese calendar which means it is almost time for the hungry ghost festival again. including this year, i have missed my third hungry ghost festival. actually, i used to like this festival. as a child, i get to run around without my parents supervision, play video games at my neighbour's house until midnight for the reason burning silver papers takes place at 12am and meet my relatives. it is like a gotong royong thingy for my neighbourhood. this spirit is seldom seen in other places. dun even mention city like kl, i think most of malacca villages do not carry out anymore. people always say, "ma fan, so much to do, sui bian, no time". do you ever think that such a festival is a culture within a society. to lose such a rich heritage would be like losing your identity.

but it is fathomable as society today has very much seeded with materialism in their mind. i dun mean everyone just more and more people are forgetting their roots. if your children ask you next time, would you be able to tell them what is hungry ghost festival? i bet you can just say, "ohh, it serves the purpose of feeding the hungry ghosts who are released during the month but it is rarely practised already. dun worry about it." i hope such a reply will not be given to the future generation. even if you do not believe the existence of ghosts, carrying out such a ritual is a sign of respect and remembrance of those who have left the earth. worse are those who do not even know what is hungry ghost festival and have to "google" it in order to explain. epic fail. who is the banana now? me or you?

my final semester has started which sends me freaking out. why so fast one? next year, i won't be here anymore. the thought of searching for jobs comes through my mind. i am quite sure what i want. i want to be a banker. haha. audit is okay but will be my final option. luckily, i did not tell my auditing lecturer/tutor the other day that i am putting auditor as my final option. if not, i will be definitely brainwashed. still, i like her a lot, she is the most passionate educator i have ever met in my life. trust me. i am pretty much energetic and passionate myself. to receive the word passionate from me, the person must be jumping wild, talking excitedly and jokes. good good. at least, i have a good memory of a good lecturer that i can tell my friends next time. angela is fantastic!

blogger playing the thought how should a banker act. can you tell me? is it like the person below?



(the pictures are sourced from Google Image, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive