Social Icons

Pages

Friday 2 September 2011

i have decided




this decision takes me a while to make. initially, i have vehemently rejected the idea. however, after a whole night of thinking and researching, i think this option is the way to go.

i will try to go for honours year. i think it will be helpful because i want to

be an analyst. it is actually very interesting. i am so intrigued by the fact that this job itself is interesting enough to catch my attention. i am usually a short attention span person but i think an analyst will always require me to think hard and long. besides the thought of working in a team is higher and there is a possibility for foreign posting as well.

let's see my criteria for future career. interest, checked. challenging, checked. pays well, checked. able to talk to people, checked. possible foreign posting, checked.

actually i suddenly realised this fact when i was walking home with a friend two days ago. we are talking about our career options and suddenly, i blurted out, "i quite like the subject even though it is hard. if this job is daunting in the future, i only have myself to blame because i like it." i guess, the path has been set then.

in order to be a good analyst, i am required to research a lot and interpret data. hence, having research skills is essential. the question now is how am i going to tell my mum that i have decided to make this decision. i told her i am going home for good this coming january. dilemma.

this is what chinese saying says left right is also a burden. my gut feeling
says she will support me still because i am doing what i think is the best for me.


2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU! sorry for late reply. i am a slow response person. i just found your comment under the moderation section.

    ReplyDelete

rulez for me

Blog Archive