Social Icons

Pages

Friday 17 July 2009

As it appears to be....

A while ago, I received an email. With it, a picture is attached to. The picture resembles an achievement one lady has accomplished in her life. Together with her, are the one and only Hilary Clinton and Michelle Obama. This lady must be so proud of herself to achieve such a great honour to receive an award from these two prominent figures. Her smile is dazzling.
In addition to this picture, there are some words written which make me feel rather uncomfortable. Somehow, I detected the issue of racism in it. It was written that such great honour to our fellow Malaysian is not printed in our own papers but there is one very small article printed in The Star. However, I do wonder why her picture is not in the main page in the first place.
The fact is she is an Indian Malaysian. Is it really true that because she is an Indian, our fellow counterparts fail to deliver the news. Afterall, I did feel proud of it although I don't know why she got the award in the first place. To me, it has no difference whether there is a news printed or not.
As one might say, I am Chinese, of course I deem it not important. The truth is, if you think from the lady of honour's point of view. It does not really matter. She can stand proud in her very own ways be it her family,friends, colleagues and to exaggerate,even her country. If the country fails to acknowledge,nobody is at a loss. All to gain is herself. If I were her, I would be so happy and overjoyed that I do not care whether there is a news for me or not. What is important is that I have truly made a mark in my life. Afterall, isn't this what every human dreams of in their lives? To make a mark in this world before leaving it. I feel her accomplishment is incredible and I will be always proud of her.
Do not be irritated by what others have not done, but be overjoyed that someone has accomplished this far. In the every end, every news will be forgotten but not you yourself that is. This perspective is gained when I read another email too. In this email, is written that life isn't how to avoid the thunderstorm but is how to dance in the rain.
Blogger on a day whether he feels things are okay no matter how they become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive