Social Icons

Pages

Saturday 25 July 2009

A tribute to a friend

If what you see do not reflect the reality in it,how would you feel? If looking the eyes of one person will reveal the path of his life, I hope you can never see mine.
It is the subject that normally I would ignorantly brushed aside whenever questioned. To be able to retell the story needs strong emotional support and courage. After more than a decade enduring it, I would have assumed I would be strong enough to tell at least a person with much preparation. When the question popped up, "Do you mind sharing". I felt that why not. Since I already told part of the story, obviously the consequent event would be to finish it. I have never finished the story last time to anyone. Never have I imagine that chatting with a friend will make me shed a tear.... Since I have had cried so much before, I felt my tears have already dried up.
A few revelations to some friends of mine before have sent them speechless. The irony is I haven't really finished my story yet. If I continue,will they be able to comprehend what am I about to say? And all of a sudden, this environment will be so quiet and somber. I don't want sympathy, I only yearns for understanding and that's the reason my story is left untold. Little did I know that talking family and hardships subjects can make me cry all over again. Together, my friend too shed tears when stories were exchanged. Such warm... as you know what you have been through,where and when the hardships are understood by someone who went through the same as you. It felt surreal because normal people would not fathom them and thought they are life storybooks. I have mixed emotions and no idea how should I feel it: Happy to find someone I can relate my story too or sorrow for she has to undergo life as me.
Fortunately, the tears felt different this time around,it felt warm,no more coldness in it because the tears today are different from tears of yesterday. They are our symbol of our pride and strong-willingness. Successful stories were told too. How sweet they are. When you finally able to talk to someone who appears to be abnormal like you,it feels just great.
To my friend: You are strong and please continue to be strong. We will be each other's comfort and sorrow as we understand each other very well. Success of a person is not measured by material wealth and society status but what we have accomplished in life. Being able to take the first step from the toughest conditions means the first battle is won.
Poor does not appear to be just an adjective to it. It comes with a package which drains you emotionally,spiritually and mentally. To be able to withstand, I consider myself and my friend survivors of the world. Not easy because they are not what we choose but the conditions that come with us....People will give the extra stare now and the paradox is : what have we done wrong for something that are not the faults of ours. In the end, we shall not be afraid anymore because the hardest moments are over and what to comes has definitely be to something better.
I believe I mentioned something about how people should learn to forget how to avoid the thunderstorms. But this time around,it is not the same. We have already been through the thunderstorms for too long and too many times and have become part and parcel of our lives. The only thing that needs to be done now is to learn how to dance in the rain. I guess dancing cha cha in the rain might be a good idea afterall.... Don't you think so my friend? All the best to you.
Blogger on a day he feels relief to be able to retell the story once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive