Social Icons

Pages

Saturday 11 September 2010

mahu vote tak?

Recent Malaysian news indicates that election might be coming soon. Maybe maximum 2 years time? Time really flies. And since I am 21, I am eligible to vote.... If I am an ordinary citizen, I would be pleased to vote because it represents my power in determining the future of my country. Unfortunately, my country is extra ordinary. The political parties are fighting things for the wrong reason.

Just to compare with Australia, there is a labour party and liberal party. Am I saying it right? One is fighting for keeping the basic's human necessity like lower tax, higher incentive and higher payment for paternity leaves. Wow, got paternity leave suggestion some more. Syioknya. And another party is fighting for Green, as my Aussie housemate told me. They are here to protect the environment by carrying out higher tax on corporate bodies to create a sustainable future.

These visions are really that make the voters fire up. They are fighting for rights that everyone can enjoy. Either party wins will benefit the citizens. Hmmm.... what about Malaysia? I think we are still fighting about education rights, scholarships, business opportunity, discrimination and race issues. Where are the solid grounds you are fighting? They seem to be focusing on the menial issues that are not supposed to exist any longer. One thing you can applaud them. Those damn stubborn politicians and voters. They refuse to change the track of the main agenda. To say Malaysia is still at its infancy, we are not. To say we are developed, we are so far away.

So, what are we? We are just like adults fighting baby issue. Which adult should get the toys? =.=

Back to my question: should i vote ar? Why should I? I will only give to individual that deserves it but what if the individual I want to vote is of party that does not fight for the main agenda I wish it is fighting for. My main doubt. Never mind. Once, I start seeing the main agenda, I will vote. From the current being, let's just say my vote might come for a few more decades, if I am lucky enough to survive till that time, that is.

You do not have to persuade me to vote for you. Save your breath and effort. Just do the things right and I shall have the eyes to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive