Social Icons

Pages

Friday 22 October 2010

Diwali Night =)

It was quite hectic at the beginning as I was late for event. Sorry,I had class until 6pm and the event started at 6pm. Nevertheless, we managed to pull it through. Yesterday is actually my first time wearing the Indian traditional clothing. It looks weird on me because it is kind of long and my friend, who I borrow the clothes from, is quite tall and buff. I had fun making the kolam the night before. Actually, it is not as hard as I thought it would be. Just that the process of mixing the colour had my fingers nails coloured =.= Do you know what is a kolam?
It is actually the coloured grain rice the Indians displayed on the floor during Deepavali. I am satisfied for the fact that I am part of the kolam team. It is not pronounced as kolam (Malay), it is ko 'lem'. the lem must sound like the lembu's lem.

In the middle of the food event, there was a dance by the team for the Malam Gema Malaysia night. So, in short, it was awesome. Then, after almost finished serving the guests with food, I decided to have a go at the henna. Kind of nice.... Here you go:


Blogger feeling a bit guilty because he actually supposed to be doing the Country Report yesterday and today. But then he is thinking it is actually quite worth it because at the end of the day, everyone went home with a smile on their faces. And he thinks that is priceless~

2 comments:

  1. halo chindian man! now i got a gang! LOLOL..eh..u do urself wan ah the design on ur hand? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one with the three swirls is I did. the rest is others' help because kind of hard to make the pattern using own's hand.
    There is this guy quite pro and his name is called Jin...sadly not pei jin lar. XDD

    ReplyDelete

rulez for me

Blog Archive