Social Icons

Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

Condolences

I really have no idea when my sis asked me to call back home. Normally, the first thing on my mind is, "Oh shit, some bad has happened again."

True enough, a relative has passed away again. Not to say that I am particularly close to the uncle but, I know that uncle is a good man. He is very capable too. My mum praised him, "Saying that he is very 'pen shi' because with just O level qualification, he has become a manager, working overseas." True, the uncle is quite humble too. Not like some rich guys who only know how to show off. What is shocking is for the fact that his cause of death is still unknown and he is only 53 years of age. Deepest condolences from me to the family.

All I can is that good people die too young in this world. At least, he is not suffering when he passed away. The people suspected heart attack but this seems to be unheard of since he has been healthy all this while.

Fine, this year has not really be an auspicious year. When I suffered the loss of two grandparents, the least I can say is they are of old age already but for this, I have nothing to say. I am bad at attending funerals because I have nothing to say. Normally, I will escape if I can do so.

Hopefully they are able to get back the corpse soon because there seems to be a delay.

There is once I attended a dharma talk in my uni. The old uncle told us that ," We should be able to let go of the departeds." I don't pay attention to what he said, but true enough, one should move on. The memories remain. What I am sad during my grandma's passing is the fact that I have received so much kindness and help from her. And before I can even repay her kindness, she is already gone. Fortunately, I will always remember what she told me last time, study hard and be good. As I am the youngest in the family, not due to age but due to rankings, I am always being laughed at. Haha... I find it funny too when my grandma said it.

But she is always say I am her favourite. I used to be very naughty and called her "Mother" following what my father, mother,uncles and aunties call her. She would  reply, "Ohhhh, that makes you my 'lai zhai', following up by 'lai zhai lai sam kon'. " Yes, having her did cheer up my life and made my life easier. I am always indebted to her.

As for the rest who suffers the same loss as me, be grateful that they have been there for us. In life, we should appreciate what we had, not the loss. Come and go is the norm of life. Be grateful and move on.

Blogger feeling happy thinking about past memories. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive