Social Icons

Pages

Monday 4 October 2010

Uni starts tomorrow

I feel refreshing after watching endless drama series. Yes, my refreshment is plain simple. Just sit down, relax and watch. Pure simple pleasure. It has been a week of holidays.

This spring break brings good news too. I have been confirmed a place to stay for 2011. At least I will have a shelter. Besides, I am going for a tutor position interview. Fingers crossed... If I got this job, my dream of an oversea graduate holiday will be closer than ever =) Well, I think new mid-semester brings new hope. I want my world to rock even more.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping with a friend. Along the way, we chatted about uni stuff, life as an oversea student and daily stuff. It has been unquestionable that people back home think we are doing so well. "Wah, so nice ar to be studying overseas. Must be very lucky". But do you really think the experiences are all happiness?
Not all. It is has never been easy. I am grateful for the opportunity but this opportunity comes with a cost. The feeling away from home. The stress and challenges that come with it.

To be frank, it has never been easier to talk to someone. Sometimes, you just have to suck it all up, be strong and give the radiant smile that everyone loves to see. Hmmmm....

Fortunately, I cope better now. Next year will be my last year. I am joining the workforce soon. A bit apprehensive, a bit worried but there is also excitement and sense of adventurous. First thing, I don't want to feel poor any longer. NEVER. I have known what it feels like. Yet, I will come out of it with pride, dignity and with a sense of humility (hopefully).

Recently, I have been watching the drama "Can't Buy Me Love", A story about a princess taken into the palace when she was 6. This drama is very hilarious and emphasizes on family values. I begin to cherish what I used to have. It is not the material substance that matters at the end of the day, it is what that lies within our hearts that matters the most.

I used to wonder and ask my mum last time why she is so bother to cook for the whole family when we can just easily go out and dine at a restaurant. Faster, cheaper and less work. Yet, my suggestion has always been turned down except during birthdays and minor celebrations. I think I can understand how she felt back then. I think it is her sense of pride as a mother and happiness as a care giver to give us the very best she can. The thought of doing something for your loved ones is so great that every Mum's action is unquestionably always right. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Blogger begins to see another light that makes sense in his life by watching another drama. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive