Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2010

.... .... ....

Today is a relax and gloomy day. After attending 9am lecture and 1pm tutorial, I feel carefree and decide to come back home to finish my drama series. I believe I am in a state of drama addiction. So, I am feeling rather sleepy and anxious for not being able to do anything. Along the way home, I grabbed a monthly magazine published by one of the student union in my university. I think it is pretty cool for my student union to be able to pull off such a good work.

It caught my eye for the edition of the Magazine being "Queer edition". Being an American drama series fan, I know the mean of queer referred by the Western society. Haha... Do you know what it means? If I am not mistaken, it is used to refer to people who are not heterosexuals, such as gays,lesbians and asexuals. What amuses me is the fact that even students are allowed to talk about sexuality so freely. But, I am impressed that the freedom of speech given is used wisely because the contents are generally to promote understanding, tolerance and acceptance. Thumbs up, Honi Soit (title of the magazine). I am not an avid reader of Honi Soit but occasionally, I will take a peek just to immerse myself in the Australian culture.

The thing about Australia is that it is unique of its own. Besides having the same political system as her Western counterparts, the economy, social and cultural values are quite different. Sadly, I am not fond of Australia. Maybe, I should say my characteristics do not fit well into Australia. It is safe to say that I am a person who values traditional aesthetics, being art, language, culture and history. Australia is rather too modern to my liking. As such, Malaysia still has a better greater aesthetic values which I cherish. Malaysia has its  faults and weakness yet, it depends on every individual's judgement. The culture can be rather horrible at times, but it is the thing that make me laugh and shakes my head at the end of the day.

En en.... I am feeling down recently. Don't know why. Can be homesick, can be too bored, can be sick of the world's intolerance and cruelty. Despite all this, I believe everyone will have a time like this. Hope that there is someone who will suddenly just knock my room door and talk to me about things... but I think it is rather impossible because my house door is locked =.= haha... Hoping for the impossible which reminds me of another occasion which I told a friend of mine... Why can't you strike a jackpot while at the same time not buying it? The only possibility is you pick up a winning jackpot ticket... another =.= lame joke but my friend did laugh at that time... This is me... the ever positive me in front of others yet, somehow, I feel so lonely and down when I am alone.

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive