Social Icons

Pages

Friday 10 April 2009

Happy Easter Holiday

This year I am celebrating good friday in Sydney which is kind of different. I attended the church last year if I were not mistaken. I am not a Christian actually,not to offend anyone but I attend this Good Friday's celebration with the intention to accompany my grandma and auntie there(see, I am being such a good and obedient grandson and nephew). The crowd would start to gather outside the church around 7am in the morning. WOW! So you can imagine how early I woke up at that time. Then, the people will line up and take their turns to light up the candles and kiss the toes of Jesus-like stoned statute. Sorry, I did not know what it is called. Hmmm... Everytime I attended church or temple, I can feel my heart did actually feel calm and relax. No worry and because of that, I love going to these praying places a lot. Though it may seem weird, I do believe religion is a very powerful thing or abstract I should says. Nothing can be used to describe religion no matter how hard you try. You may say it is a belief or principle, but you can't really put it in other words that is explanatory.
To have so much differences in this world is actually very remarkable to me. You have christianity,buddhism,hinduism,protestants,islam,taoism and a whole lots of other. No matter what religion you are, these religions do emphasis on bringing out the best of every individual. You have to be good,trust and most importantly have faith. I am very opionated when it comes to religion. One thing for me to believe is no religion is a bad religion. Second, all religions have good intention. Thus, it doesn't matter who you are, the most important matter is you are a good person. Then,there are some people who are free thinkers. What about them? They are people who have no religion. I was actually kind of SURPRISED( see,I bolded the word,not shocked,but surprised) to know a person who has no religion. For me,it is alright to have no relgion. In fact,some free thinkers behave even better than those who have religion. As a matter of fact, do not be so proud of yourself and look down on others who have different belief. As never once,we are taught to look down and be proud.
Today is my first day of easter break. I hope I can make this holiday a joyous and memorable one. Do some good deeds and be merry. And please please please don't forget to indugle yourself to your chocolate addiction! (one perfect reason to let loose fo yourself)
Love you all,
Chee Seng

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive