Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 12 April 2009

Culinary skills put to test


Did I ever mention that cooking is never once struck to my mind of something I have to do for the past 19 years? Haha...The reason lies on my possesion of a loving sister and caring mum. Never once I have to cook for the family or any sort. I did help but it is just merely chopping the vegetables. I can't differentiate which veg is which for goodness sake. Thus,when the idea of cooking save u lots of money rings a bell in my mind... hmmm. I should start learning.
My mum is very helpful considering the fact I was so eager to learn. But it was my sis who taught me to cook spagetthi and later on pork porridge by my mum. Since the cooking lesson is a crash course, I didn't really practise first in Malaysia. I just equipped myself with tips and guidance from the calls I constantly made home. For a first timer, I think I did excellently well. Not to bad I guess. Nothing went charred. The taste is in fact nice. Hehe... At least everything taste the same my sister cook. Haha....seriously,no bragging and boasting at all(*wink*wink).
Unfortunately, I am not really good in deep frying though. I always push away this responsibility to my neighbour,pei jin who has tonnes of experience in frying. So, I just sit back and watch. I was thinking,"It was not really that hard,isn't it?" My decision is final. The feeling of trying something new is exhilarating. To avoid any embarrassment,I cooked it alone yesterday. I know my strong point though which is seasoning. I know how to estimate amount of sugar,salt and soya sauce needed in marinating. Not bad right?? Seasoning is very very important you know. even if you fry well,without seasoning,your food is gonna taste so bland. Yah,right! So much of emphasising my strong point only. Wakaka....Well,self praise is better than no praise right? So,here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive