Social Icons

Pages

Friday 17 April 2009

Part time tour guide






Well,well,well. There goes my one-week easter break holidays. Today is Friday which means that in three more days,university life will start again. This time I hope I will be better in everything: listening,writing,hearing and answering. The past half semester can be say quite relaxing except for the law papers,mainly because I am still learning the basics which already covered in SAM Year 12. I hope when things get more challenging, my brain is able to cope it. I guess being just hopeful is not enough,time and effort should be put in to garner excellence. Hehe...
During this one-week holidays,I have some peers "crashing" over from Melbourne. They are my former classmates whom I have kept in touch closely. They visited Sydney for 5days,4 nights. To show our hospitality as Sydney students we brought them around the place ranging from University of Sydney, Chinatown, UNSW, Bondi Beach, Manly Beach and Broadway. This will be my second time being a tour guide,considering the first being one to the UNSW gang. Frankly, I have so bored taking people to the same place all over again from my uni to chinatown. What's so great since I go these places almost every week and my uni everyday. Haha.. I always hope one day I can find a job that pays me well to travel the world. But I guess being a tour guide isn't my creme la creme.
Isn't it just everyone's dream of travelling the world one day? Why is it? Better exposure gives you better perspective in life. Not only that, the experience one gains is truly amazing with the scenery of all sorts. I too hope to travel the world one day but it comes with a cost:money. Haha...Maybe money is the devil of all evils after all for stopping what I dream of in life. But flip the coin the other way. Think about it. If things get so eaay,no one will appreciate it after all. Human is really realistic and more often than not,take things for granted. I supposed it is true. Take me for an example, when I first got to know that I will becoming to Sydney, I was a bit shocked,confused and a little startled. Instead of enjoying and being grateful of once a lifetime chance to overseas,I complained and complained until the day my sister sent a smack on my head. She said at least you got to go overseas!! That's what my friends told me too. Yah...I think so. Things may not go the way we predicted,but the least we can do is being grateful and take all the beautiful things we encounter. In life sometimes, when we look at small,petty matters too much,we have indirectly forsaken the beauty of the big thing. I guess I am starting to see the "big" thing already. Thank you everyone for your great advice especially my sister,chern yik,eng cheng and jong yi. Scold me like crazy and until now only I see what you guys mean. Coming to Sydney is better than not coming to Australia at all. Here are some of the pictures taken during this eventful and memorable trip. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive