Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 30 August 2009

Is it daring or stupidity?

An incident occurred last night when I was on my way home after having dinner for a friend's birthday. It happened at a pedestrian crossing. While I was patiently waiting for the light to turn green, one guy,roughly in his mid 20s was crossing the road. On top of it, some cars were coming quiet fast. Unable to foresee what was going to happen next, I some sort of shouted but low volume, "Eyy, eyy" to that guy. The weird thing is he just stared at me as if I was crazy. The cars were coming! Surprise,surprise.... The cars actually stopped for him who was crossing halfway. I was in such disbelief. Not only the guy crossed as if his datuk punya jalan, the car did not even horn. Such strong pedestrian power in Australia huh? In Malaysia, you will either be horned to death or knock down to death. Hmmm.. I am definitely feeling the culture shock now. Kind of think of it, I should not say anything at all. I acted as if I am the one at fault for calling it out. Phew.... The guy was probably drunk and with such arrogance. Fine......
And I just finished watching Australian Idol. Super awesome but not as good as American Idol though. The thing I find quite strange nowadays is that contestants today are very daring to talk back for any negative comments received. Should I say they are way too confident or stupid? People, if you are really that good, why aren't you signed with any recording company? The judges are plain right in commenting the genre of music they are singing do not suit them. But oh well, the generation Y has strong self belief. Not to blame them but please do some self reflection. Do not take as if everything negative statements are aimed toward criticizing you.
Hmmmmm... There you go. You should decide whether are they daring or plain "naive"?
Blogger pissed off by the way people behave today. So rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive