Social Icons

Pages

Sunday 14 March 2010

What are your 5F's?

It is really heartwarming to read the newspaper article today. This article is about the competition that children took part in the Pizza Hut Magazine contest. It does bring fond memories as I did too participate last time but I am not greatly involved in it. Let's just say my class adopted the culture of "cut and paste" back in the days.

Haha, but it was fun altogether. I remembered we are not really into getting the first prize but the consolation prizes which are the pizzas. Some walked while some cycled to the nearest pizza hut restaurant. So bad, din tumpang me that time. You think I will forget Miss Low and Mr Lim. Gotcha!!!!! I have pictographic memory.

Well, the makan makan time with my friends are very exciting I should say. The session is indeed memorable. The place is quite far, considering the fact we had to walk the distance. Nevertheless, there is only one word for it: worth.

Quite sad to say this, I have very little memory of us class going out together. The annual gathering is for some of us only. I mean the whole class. Maybe, some are half-hearted to join us. It doesn't matter any longer. Some come and go but I learn to accept that the memories are the most crucial things in lives.

A friend queried me once," Do you believe in BFF?" Ermmmm, partially yes, partially no. Not to "putt lang sui" (cantonese), but I guess having friends forever happen to all of us but besties? Let me experience it until 60 then once again I should answer you again. I am a person that needs to be convinced through experience. The sweet talk doesn't work as good.

Back to the topic, "What are your five most important Fs to get a good quality of life?" Try to guess. A team came out with this idea. Not bad for a bunch of 14-year-old kids. I don't know where am I when I was 14. I remembered, I had just started to read Enid Blyton storybooks. I don't mind, at least I started somewhere. To come out with the idea is indeed creative. Have you got the answers?

One, family. Family does play great part in our lives. I am very close to my Mum. I was the boy who cling happily to his Mum since young. I always have the habit of holding my Mum's hands whenever we go out. I hope people don't think I am my Mum's boyfriend. Haha, my Mum is young okay? Belum 50 tau? *wink wink* I think that's the reason Jessie said I am mummy's boy. Tak pa, I am independent also what. Shouldn't be hard for others to guess she is my mother. I always have the comment, "Wah, ah tik, lei hou zhi lei mummy ar..." (cantonese) Translation: You look very alike to your mum. Should I be proud? I heard once before right, the more you look alike to your sibling, the closer your relationship gets. Does it apply to parent as well?

Two, fun. We grew up being the generation Y. Am I in the category? I am 1980's btw. I learn playing gasing, teng teng and rope jumping. I find children today are so deprived of the games I used to play. I think one day they might forget what is layang layang. I hope my children will grow up to love the things I love. The games involve family interaction and fun too. I used to play with my siblings and cousins ALL THE TIME. Sad to say, cousins nowadays only meet once a year. What is the point?

Three, food. OMG.... My favourite topic. Not too bad for me lar, I am so dam jiak people often associate me with food itself. Next time, it will be Chee Seng's Day instead of FOOD DAY. I love to cook to my whim and fancy. It cures the bad mood and let you have a full stomach. Excellante! I am starting to miss bak kut teh and satay.

Four, friends. Yup, I think people are putting greater emphasis on friends than family. Don't take things for granted, my kawan sekalian. Just they are being there don't mean they will always be there. Treasure them as much as your friends. Friends do come in handy. They speak the same language, eat the same food, think similarly and crack the jokes that make you roll.

Last but not least, freedom. Weeeee....Everyone yearns freedom. Run away, fly away and walk away. Talk as you like, act as if there are no rules. The excitement is great but do becareful of the consequences. Too much freedom leads to destruction. There you go, the 5Fs to have a better life. I think I grasp almost all of them. Yeah, I have a pretty good life. If anytime people ask what are you regretting of, I should say No. I would like to live my life once again.

It makes me stronger, more appreciative, caring and definitely gives me perspective that I would love to see. But nah, I want to live the rich life for once. Haha....

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive