Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 24 August 2010

what say you.....

A few hours ago, I heard my housemates talking, "Sas, what the fxxx happens to the fxxxing election?" Well, no surprise at all when the words came out of my housemate. I began to realise she has no meaning to curse. It is her way of expression. In my opinion, thats the way they express themselves. =)

Then, a further query reveals that Australians are required to vote at the age of 18. What gives me a shock is that even students have to vote. Also, if they do not vote, they will face a fine of $120. Wow... okay, that is really something new.

It seems so different in Malaysia where citizens are able to vote at 21 years old and students are not allowed to involve themselves in politics. Hmmm... Here, we have students who don't mind not voting but we have Malaysians students yelling to be heard. Haha...

It is something to take note, my beloved country. If people want to vote, it shows they care. If there are people who don't mind at all, you should be scared, not the way round where you are scared that people want to vote. Students have strong minds and they are capable of handling themselves, well, these are expected of them anyway. So, why not put a little more faith in Malaysian students. They might provide fresh ideas and more critical discussions in comparsion to the current bickering and dog-eat-dog Parliament.

The thought of those in Parliament makes me shakes my head wildly. Yes, wildly. They are so un-classy. Even children know it is not nice to be yelling here and there. Have they not known the word shame? I do not have to tell whose faults is this. One point: YOU HAVE TO EARN YOUR VOTES. Who gives you the damn right to sit there? It is US, the people. We are the people you have to convince, not the top level government.

What makes us trust you? Obviously, the answer is through your actions throughout and not during a few months before the election. My gosh... Please... Don't you think this is the best time to change. If we keep having this kind of administration, whatever potential a country has will not matter anymore. It is disheartening when I told my friends, "Malaysia has potential." But the replies I have are, "Malaysia has no hope liao" and "Impossible la." I was like..... dumbstruck because I have nothing to say back.

Sometimes I think Malaysia needs a lesson. She needs to falls hard and she who learns a tough lesson will know how much pain it is and come back strong. Then, I believe everyone will have the "ah ha" moments. That will be for the best. What I am afraid is Malaysia will fall hard but the people still cannot have these unique moments. Thats is the time I will cry.... Not through tears, through my loss of hope.

Blogger at the moment thinking Malaysia requires major revamp on her looks, inside out.

1 comment:

rulez for me

Blog Archive