Social Icons

Pages

Monday 2 August 2010

Reading

I was quite determined during the beginning of the semester. To work hard for this semester. But I don't know where the passion has gone to. Errrr.... Been reading the whole day, 3 hours in exact of a new bought story book from Melbourne. Only 8 bucks for 2 stories. Awesome. I wonder when is Malaysia going to subsidize on books.

What is the purpose of subsidising petrol. It only causes more pollution and people are going to use it extravagantly. Why not subsidise on books right? It definitely won't cause any harm other than generating surplus of knowledge to be passed around. Let's petition for "Subsidy for Book in Malaysia". Can I start the petition?

Haha.... I wonder. Currently, I am happy to be in a place where books are cheap. This is how a civilised culture is developed. It is through reading. Do not be mistaken by my words. I mean books in terms of fiction and non-fiction. Not some gossip magazines or school textbooks. Since school textbooks now are free, there should be an act soon to publicize the habit of reading.

To look around, I find it disheartening because minority of my friends read. They do read but only textbooks. Can even memorise and read over and over again. Why not give storybooks a try? The key is preference. Choose something you like and light reading material. Then, you are off to a great start and be welcome to my world. I hate that when I told someone I love reading. They will reply, "Yah, can see.
You have the bookworm face." I was like... You must be lying in order to avoid the subject.

Fine, I should be secluded in my own world of books. I am very biased when it comes to book, I only read certain authors. ANd thanx to a dear friend of mine, Sophie, she introduced me to Sidney Sheldon series. I love him ever since. That's what has been keeping me occupied for 3 hours.

Blogger on the day he feels satisfied because he has achieved better reading time average for his fellow Malaysians. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive