Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 12 August 2010

Have you heard of him

Haha...I know it is rather ironic to be blogging about music artist yet again. This time around he comes to me by surprise. I listened to his song before... But as my usual behaviour, I did not bother much who the artist is and what song is on play. Just listen to music for the sake of enjoying good music. Perfect. This is what I call carefree music spirit me.

I was quite determined to do my International Business readings today. WAS is such a strong word here. I ended up doing research about an artist. At first, I thought this song is composed by a band because the name Owl City sounds like a band name right? Then, I did the research through Google, listening to a few songs in youtube and voila.... I found the official site for Owl City.

This brand itself is made famous by a chap known as Adam Young. Are you curious why is it call Owl City? It happens that this chap suffers insomniac which is a sleeping disorder from a very young age. And so, he used his home basement to compose music at night. Thus, the name owl city comes by. Is this what people call every cloud has a silver lining... I ain't sure I am even using a right idiom here?

Then, I went the distance and searched for his pictures and blog. Haha, yes.. I have become a stalker. Funny, from his pictures, I think he is a shy person. The reason: I should not tell. Haha... Let me just have my own secret. True enough, in one of the news article I read, he describe himself as "shy and not a huge person"(New York Times, 2009). He sings fireflies and vanilla twilight. For any of you who have not heard of it, give it a try. His music is of a unique genre. His use of disco and European electronic music sends chills down my spine. I swear it rarely occurs unless something good happens. Hoho...

Special thanx to a friend of mine who helps me notice who he is... You know who are you right? Haha.... Join me and have a light and easy music listening session, plus spine chilling if you know what I mean =)

Blogger on a musical mood all over again. Cheerios, mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive