Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2011

be home for dinner

i was watching the drama about family which the father is a food critique. but he will always be home for dinner. the thought suddenly brushed through me. seems like i have missed a lot of family meals since i came to sydney. then, when i headed back home during summer, i seemed to have lost the value of family meal. last summer, due to my infrequency of reaching home on time, i always ate alone. still, my mum will come into the kitchen and talked to me how my day has been. i think my mum dislike the idea of one having to eat alone. but i forgot to tell her this is how i have been through for the last 2 years here. i think somehow she understood back then. when i called home, she always tell me that she had just finished cooking and asked me whether i want a share. of course i do.

i guess this is the challenge facing everyone studying abroad. having dinners and lunches facing the laptops. i hope everyone still remembers the value of eating together with families, not just during chinese new year. eating together not only brings everyone together and definitely not a waste of time. even during high school years, i like to eat while watching tv and my mum will give me the stare. i was like, "i am hungry de, cannot wait." somehow, i did escape the stare there. for compensation i will just drink the soup during real dinner time. the thing is sometimes i love to eat with my siblings more because we can laugh and eat at the same time. but sometimes, when everyone is busy, such time is hard to passby.

this post is just a friendly reminder that appreciates one's meal with family member. you never know how much the value of it until you begin missing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive