Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

yes

the job interview today was more casual than i expected. as the interviewer had studied in sydney before, i feel like i am updating her on the current malaysian society as well beside talking about myself. she was very interested with mamak night to begin with. then, it proceeded with collaborations with other society. i can safely said 50% of the time is about how i manage my society stuff. pretty good since i know my society well.

next came the internship part. personally, she liked the idea that i have to do more for my internship judging from her tone of voice. hmmm...maybe the pace of my speech has already revealed my interest along the way. the funny thing is she almost agree with what i said. well, a good sign.

i thought i blown out the interview because there is this question which i did not expect but i answered it uniquely. it begins with, "what are your parents expectation of you?". i said, " no expectation. because i am very stubborn. they know that i will not listen to them but follow my own heart". after the speech came out of my mouth in such a nonchalant way, i was like, ' did i do that to impress or did i just do that to fail my own interview". turns out she was fine with the idea that i need to have an interest in things i do. i think, for myself, i am pretty certain what i want. so that scores me a bit of points.

and the next question also came out of the blue but i think i did pretty well. "in your past application, you mentioned no other firms replied you for internship and you are with EY. now, i dun think other firms will interview you considering most of them have left sydney already. and yet, now you are with EY. why ar? i replied, "i must be fated to work with EY".

the place i attended interview today. cool right? yeah, i think it is cool too. 
with that, i guess her laughter has sealed my victory. i was often more surprise with myself for coming out with such an answer at times. trying to tell other firms it is fate, it will not work. but telling her this must be fate must be working well. ohh, btw, i got the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

rulez for me

Blog Archive